IT Helpdesk Engineer
Ghyston is an award-winning UK software development company based in central Bristol.
We are a team of passionate software development experts who love working really closely with our clients to create beautifully crafted software, such as stylish mobile apps, highly functional websites and complex ERP systems.
We are incredibly proud of our company culture at Ghyston. We place a huge emphasis on staff welfare, happiness, professional development, and fulfilment. We benefit from a flat and open structure, creating an inclusive working environment where all employees feel their voices can be heard.
Who do we need?
An IT enthusiast who enjoys working with a wide range of hardware and software.
We are looking for:
- 1-year service desk experience or equivalent
- Experience with Office 365 administration
- Experience managing a Windows domain - Active Directory/Group Policy
- Good task management skills. The ability to handle multiple cases and set prioritise effectively
Nice to haves:
- Experience of managing 3rd parties and holding them accountable to SLAs.
- Security & Compliance experience
What will you be doing?
You will be working with the IT Manager and our IT support 3rd party to help to provide the services and systems that we need in order to support our customers. You will be investigating and resolving issues with these services and systems, managing them across requirements and personnel changes, and also incrementally improving them in line with industry best practise.
Your main duties will be:
- Triage and resolve internal user technical issues onsite and remotely
- Software system administration - Office 365/JIRA/LastPass/Exchange
- Domain administration using Microsoft AD
- Provisioning/deprovisioning and support of IT equipment
- Managing server infrastructure, locally in the ESXi environment and cloud based (predominately Azure)
- Monitoring and chasing progress of work with third-party IT support providers
- Running projects to improve our IT processes and infrastructure
- Please note that this role requires you to be in our central Bristol office for at least 50% of your contracted hours.
- We regretfully are not able to offer Sponsorship at this time.
- We require all candidates to provide us with right to work in the UK documentation.
What do you get?
- A basic salary of £21,000 - £25,900 depending on experience
- A 9% non-contributory pension and profit share scheme
- Indicative total remuneration package of £23,600 to £29,600 based on predicted 2022 results
- Flexible approach to hybrid working*
- A tight-knit team with an emphasis on employee happiness and growth
- Dedicated time for professional learning and development
- Life insurance and income protection
- Cycle to work and electric vehicle schemes
- A buy/sell holiday scheme
- A highly relaxed, friendly work environment, with a fully stocked drinks fridge and a plentiful snack selection
- A large chillout room featuring a pool table, and a cinema/Nintendo Switch room
- A full programme of funded social activities that are staff lead and optional for everyone. These happen both during and outside office hours and include:
- Annual funded company holiday
- A busy social calendar, including regular pub trips, activities such as go-karting, boat trips, cooking classes, wine tasting and more
- Annual summer party, Christmas lunch and dinner
- Highly effective, motivated, and supportive team members
*Ghyston has a flexible approach to hybrid working, however we do expect employees to be able to work from our central Bristol office for approximately half of their working week in order to help us upkeep our fun and sociable in-person culture
At Ghyston we really value diversity, and we make a concerted effort to judge each applicant on their individual strengths and the positive attributes they can bring to the company. If you’d like to find out more about us or check any of these requirements before applying, please do get in touch. We’re happy to deal with any queries before and during your application process.